Sunday 28 January 2018: Evening ramble – Kambah Pool, Forster Hill Circuit – S/E. A pleasant evening stroll along the river corridor and over a small nature reserve on Forster Hill. Leaders: Rob and Jenny H.
Insert further information here.
Distance: 4.5km | Climb: 300m | Time: 5.35pm – 7.55pm (2hrs 20mins), including 15 mins of breaks | Grading: S/E-M; E(6)
Photographs are available, where you can start a large sized slideshow.
Waypoint and Track Files
Download the .gpx file. (Right click, Save Link As…, Save – if you want to use it.)
To use in Google Earth, do File, Open… and select Gps or All files as the File Type.
A humid late afternoon with the promise of thunderstorms. They did come and umbrellas and raincoats were needed.
A pleasant ramble north along the Kambah Pool Walking Track, averting our eyes as we passed (nowhere near) the nude bathing beach. A fraction north of west of the hill, we turned up off the track and wandered up the hill. A storm, with big raindrops, swept over us.
Views from the trig, nice west to the Bullen Range.
The return leg had us descending to cross McQuoids Creek, then another gully. An echidna. Another storm as we walked up through the grasslands back to the cars.
Thanks Rob and Jen and all.
Latest posts by Johnny Boy (see all)
- 18 February 2018 River crossing training - 19 February , 2018
- 17 February 2018 Beneath Booroomba’s beautiful butt(resses) - 17 February , 2018
- 16 February 2018 Googong island caches - 16 February , 2018
- 13 February 2018 Big Oaky Creek - 14 February , 2018
- 10 February 2018 Caching On the Rocks and Vertigo - 10 February , 2018