‘the trig which cannot be named’
Wednesday afternoon 15 November: Visit ‘the trig which cannot be named’ – S/E,X. A long awaited visit. Facilitator: Lauren O.
Distance: 20m | Climb: <1m | Grading: S/E,X; VE(¼)
Photographs are available, where you can start a large sized slideshow.
Waypoint and Track Files
Being an inveterate list ticker, I have not slept well over the last few years. The Canberra Bushwalking Club’s trig bagging incentive program in 2012-13 left me one trig short.
With the contacts through Lauren O and the generous assistance of the Office of the ACT Surveyor-General, the last trig was visited today!
“It’s been a long time since a found a new trig… Well the trig is not new at all, in fact it is old, decrepit, and long forgotten. But still, a trig is a trig, and there are some fine glimpses of views of the dam below. I would not recommend coming from the road directly below the cache… There is nowhere to park, and the climb would be steep. Start at the suggested spot, for a more gentle approach. But don’t get me wrong – there is still some bush to negotiate toward the end.”
We will just have to see! And I will sleep (nearly) well tonight.
4 walkers – Jeff B, Lauren O, Alex P, me.
Latest posts by Johnny Boy (see all)
- 4, 5-10 December 2017 Thredbo to Kiandra on the AAWT - 15 December , 2017
- 23 November 2017 Long time walkabout to Cotter Hut - 23 November , 2017
- 22 November 2017 Theodore knolls and aboriginal grinding grooves - 23 November , 2017
- 21 November 2017 Billy Billy Rocks from the east - 21 November , 2017
- 20 November 2017 The Mouat Tree opening - 20 November , 2017