Saturday 6 January: Dawn Sorties – The Spinnaker – S/R. Depart Kambah 530 hrs to avoid the heat of the day. Distance to the spectacular rock outcrop the Spinnaker ~2km each way, climb ~250 m. Map: Corin Dam. Leader: Rob and Jenny H.
Distance: 4.4km | Climb: 380m | Time: 6.20am –9.15am (2hrs 55mins), including 25 mins of breaks | Grading: S/R; M(9)
Photographs are available, where you can start a large sized slideshow.
Waypoint and Track Files
Download the .gpx file. (Right click, Save Link As…, Save – if you want to use it.)
To use in Google Earth, do File, Open… and select Gps or All files as the File Type.
A perfect walk and start time, both for a hot day and my lunch appointment at midday.
Walking at 6.20am and at the frost hollow near Sun Dial Rock in 20mins. The sun finally reached us as we began to climb SW towards The Spinnaker.
A slow and scrubby climb to the top, passing across and under the huge rock overhang. In through the back of The Spinnaker and sitting down eating a very early morning tea by 7.40am. Lovely views.
We returned pretty much the same way as the day continued to heat up.
10 walkers – Anita D, Janet D, Jenny H, Rob H (leader), Richard H, Lisa Q, Llewellyn S, Phillip S, Steven S, me.
Latest posts by Johnny Boy (see all)
- 20-21 January 2018 Upper Cotter River - 22 January , 2018
- 16 January 2018 Wallaces Creek Fire Trail, near Kiandra - 17 January , 2018
- 9 January 2018 Brindabella Geocaching – Namadgi Bog, Bendora Dam, above Yellow Rabbit Rd - 9 January , 2018
- 6 January 2018 Dawn sortie to The Spinnaker - 6 January , 2018
- 16 December 2017 Bulls Head Range, Brindabellas - 17 December , 2017